The Warriors this summer season are launching a “BasketballPLUS“ initiative that will provide a positive exciting environment for your son or daughter to be a part of. Through the Basketball Plus initiative your child will receive the following: –
“BasketballPlus” is offered by the Glen Eira Warriors Basketball Club to fill a gap between rep and regular domestic basketball.
Each child’s basketball and competitive ability is developed in a professional structure within a domestic competition programme. Features:
- One competition game per week on Saturday or Sunday, dependant on Age groups.
- One 90 minute team training per week
- Only professional independent coaches are appointed – not just parent volunteers
- Coaches, training and the program as a whole overseen by an experienced coach with 30 years of experience.
- Training and game venues provided as local and as convenient as possible.
- Individual skills constantly assessed and developed with progressive programs provided for each child.
- Additional individual coaching and development sessions are available per week on request and during school holidays.
- Regular written feedback provided to parents on child’s development and areas requiring improvement.
- An online educational library of videos and documents allowing players
We will be emphasizing development, teamwork and enjoyment, with respect for the game, it’s participants and officials.
At the moment when your child plays basketball ask yourself these questions : –
Do they have a proper coach?
Is their coach independent?
Are their coaches supervised and developed?
Is your child provided with properly organised training?
Is your child taught the proper skills and fundamentals of the game?
Are they taught these in a progressive manner with appropriate feedback provided to you so you can track their progress?
Are online videos and tutorials provided for your child to study things they are taught at their own pace at home to reinforce what they are being?
Is your child rewarded for their effort and recognised for their improvement and development, rather than being advanced due to club politics?
If you answered no to any or all of these questions above then your child is missing out on development and knowledge acquisition at the most important time of learning as a junior.
The good news is now through the Warriors and this wonderful new initiative you can fix this.
From Sunday, the 11th of August, we will be conducting training sessions that will also act as registration and information evenings.
U12’s (Y.O.B. 2009 & 2010) and U14’s (Y.O.B. 2007 & 2008) – 5:00pm & 6:30pm
U16’s (Y.O.B. 2005 & 206) – 6:30pm & 8:00pm
For further information contact Bob Mann via his details below:
Mobile: 0490 823 400